12.09.2004

Linking the Links


Jaquandor links a page of geography quizzes. I did pretty well with the intermediate Place The State quiz (92% correct with an average error of 10 miles), but the hard version is a bitch (78% with an average error of 26 miles). I will curious to see how the resident geographer 'round these parts does.

Sean links a list of the Top 100 Overlooked Films of the 1990s. There were quite a few on the list that I love. I didn't realize so many were overlooked. At least they weren't by me. Here are my recommendations from the list:

Waiting for Guffman
Babe: Pig in the City
Dead Man
Searching for Bobby Fischer
Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai
Dead Again
Sneakers
In the Company of Men
The Red Violin
Welcome to the Dollhouse
Hard Eight
Richard III
A Bronx Tale
A Perfect World
Before Sunrise
Bob Roberts
The Ref
Smoke
Bottle Rocket
Kundun
Big Night
Living in Oblivion
Glengarry Glen Ross
Mystery Men

There are others on the list that I have yet to see, and maybe a few that may get on the ever growing Netflix queue because of the list, but were so many of these that overlooked?

No comments: