12.28.2005

Me, the Sensible One? Who Would'a Guessed

For about the last six weeks or so, I have had to endure Krista's almost uncontainable excitement in anticipation of her revealing my Christmas gift. She told me it was going to cost a lot, and wanted to make sure that we could manage the cost, so I had a couple of ideas as to what it might be based on the price. Boy, was I wrong, wrong, wrong. Wrong. She bought me a kayak. Now, this is something I have wanted for quite a while. Combine this with Krista's joy of coming up with something I really wanted, and something I never would have guessed, and it was really, really hard to tell her that I thought we should take it back (well, not really take it back, it was still at REI waiting to be picked up).

We talked about it for a while, and considered how little time we have both had lately to get the things done that we need to do, let alone the things we would like to do, she agreed that maybe it was best not to get it. Instead we got a bike trailer. This is something we were going to purchase anyway, but that is ok, it really is the thought. And someday, hopefully in the next couple of years, I will collect what is possibly the best Christmas gift I have ever received.

No comments: