8.09.2008

What I Did On My Vacation. Part One.

Yesterday at 4:05 PM I walked out of Building C, and started my first extended bit of time off since starting my new job. Extended being more than one day. I had gotten two emails from Krista earlier in the day, one telling me to get beer, and the other stating that Elsa was ill. A sick child is not the way one generally wants to start their vacation.

Come to think of it, neither is not having beer, but fetching beer on a motorcycle when you haven't planned ahead isn't the easiest thing to do. So, vacation started with two marks against me.

When I got home, Elsa had a fever between 103 and 104. I sat with her for a while, and napped. We finally got her to eat something, and off to bed.

Krista and I settled in and started watching The Darjeeling Limited. About thirty minutes in, I heard Elsa moaning, and I went in to check on her. She grabbed ahold of me, and I brought her out to the living room to sit with me for a while. About four seconds after sitting down, with her facing me, she threw-up. Then she did it again. And again. Two meals worth.

After getting Elsa cleaned up, and my shower to wash the chunks out of my chest hair, we finished the movie. My least favorite Wes Anderson so far, but that is still pretty good.

This morning when I got Elsa up her fever was pretty much gone, and she was in a much better mood. I asked her if she remembered getting sick last night, and she laughed as she said "Yes, on your shirt."

4 comments:

Dan said...

Elsa's better now, I trust?

Hope the vacation picks up from here.

sara said...

Excellent start to the vacation -- at least you had beer! Enjoy the rest of your time off.
Hope Elsa is feeling better.

Pat said...

Why weren't you wearing a shirt?

Hope Elsa is better - maybe food poisoning?

Aaron said...

Actually I was wearing a shirt, but she managed to aim directly at the collar opening...