5.16.2003

I stayed up late to see the lunar eclipse. I video-taped the event, and will hopefully be able to post a time lapse by the end of the weekend. Below is a vid-cap from the footage I shot.



I also received a completely unexpected bonus view. Looking around the completely clear sky, I decided to point my camera at what I thought was likely Jupiter. I turned on the digital zoom, set it for maximum exposure, and zoomed in. As I was zooming in, one by one four dim points of light appeared, in line, two on either side of the gas giant. I was dumbfounded. With the aid of my video camera, I was viewing the Galilean moons, Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto (which is which I have no clue). I soon confirmed that it was indeed Jupiter with the help of this really cool website.



Despite getting about two hours of sleep before work, it was a great night.

No comments: